If the Anthropologie catalog evokes dreams of travel to unnamed, yet always exotic, locales, the Boden catalog makes me long to be a hip urban mom in London, taking the tykes to the Victoria & Albert or to tea or to any of the other fantasy London locales that non-Londoners dream of. The brand combines classic quality and details with a modern approach to colors and prints – a winning combination. But before I launch into my must-buys, a few words to shop by:
1. Shop early: The brand’s best buys and the season’s signature items get snapped up at an alarming rate, so if you see something you love, don’t delay.
2. Try the Outfit Maker, a fun feature on the site that lets you be the stylist. Combine tops, bottoms, and accessories to create endless combos. You can even decide whether to tuck a top in or leave it out. The tool also lets you save and Pin your creations.
3. Dress to Impress: Boden makes fab tunics and colorful dresses that are chic and easy and a mom’s best friend. Wear a pretty printed tunic, like this one, over a bathing suit, with white jeans, or as a dress.
And now, for my BeautyMommy Guide to Boden’s best buys this season. Enjoy!
1. Spring trench, $139: Perfect for rainy days and to wear into fall – the contrast trim makes this trench special.
2. Francesca dress, $90: On sale, and the perfect CBD (comfy black dress) to take you from day to night with ease.
3. Sicily top, $74: An easy topper for jeans and shorts, and equally at home over a bathing suit.
4. Sorrento skimmers, $74: Ankle-length pants in a bold print that pairs well with a wardrobe of neutrals.
5. Fabric corsage necklace; $34: Add whimsy and color to everything you wear.
6. Gingham shirtdress, $90: Fifties flair in a contemporary color.
7. Printed vest, $41: A scenic print to top shorts or to slip on under a jacket.
8. Boho bag, $160: The go-everywhere style of the season.
9. Boho top, $66: Pretty embroidery adds color to this summer staple.
10. Boho shorts, $51: A gorgeous print that works well will turn a tee into an outfit. Try it with a chambray button-down.
11. Colourblock points, $34: Snap up this sweet style on sale – they pair surprisingly well with almost everything you own.
12. Putney dress, $104: A classic style in a pretty print, you can wear this to a meeting, to church, or even more casually with flat sandals and a denim jacket.
13. Casual tunic, $69: On those mornings when you barely have time to get dressed (every morning), throw this on with metallic thong sandals and you’re done.