When I met my husband, his grooming routine consisted of a handful of products, unchanged since middle school: Caress soap, Pert Plus, and Seabreeze toner. Soon, the higher-end products started to make their way into his medicine cabinet: bumble & bumble and American Crew for his hair, Korres and Molton Brown body washes, my leftover moisturizers… And when he switched his scent to Creed Green Irish Tweed, there was no going back. Today, there are more grooming options for men than ever before, so he no longer needs to swipe your moisturizer or hair gunk. He can get some of his own – in packaging he’ll be proud to show off. Here, just in time for Father’s Day, some of the best grooming gifts for men.
1. L’Occitane Verdon Pebble Soap, $8, usa.loccitane.com
2. Badrick’s beard bare products, including Da Balm, $19.95, badricks.com
3. J. Paul Scrub Preshave, $28, jpaulskincare.com
4. Evolution Man The Sport Guy Kit, with face/body wash, sunscreen and lip balm, $80, evolution-man.com
5. Grooming Lounge Mug Cleaner Face Wash, $19, groominglounge.com
6. Fudge Urban Surfer Wax, $7.69, Target
7. Baxter of California Pomade, $20, baxterofcalifornia.com
8. L’Occitane Cade eau de toilette, $55, usa.loccitane.com
And, in case you missed it on Facebook, here are my picks for the best accessory gifts for men, 2014.