I take a break from my regularly scheduled programming, because it’s Oscar night! I always enjoy the glamour and the excitement, and more than anything, the fashion! Here, my top picks for the evening:
1. Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton: I was never a huge Michelle Williams fan, but she is winning me over with her composure, her grace, and her flawless fashion choices. Her brilliant, floaty coral gown is gorgeous!
2. Gwyneth in Tom Ford: Sleek and stunning in an unconventional white gown fitted with a sort of cape/coat. Avant-garde without being too risky – very Gwyneth.
3.. Tina Fey in Carolina Herrerra: A midnight blue confection with the season’s hot silhouette – the peplum. Fey pulls it off in style!
4. Penelope Cruz: Her infallible sense of style is legendary, and this diaphanous gown has timeless appeal! Perfect!
5. Viola Davis: Seriously, the unsung fashion hero of the night! She looked glowing and gorgeous in emerald green and a chic, cropped do! Love it!
Kelly Ripa in sleek, sporty white
Melissa McCarthy in a floaty, coppery Marina Rinaldi
Cameron Diaz in Gucci: Subdued for her, but so pretty
Kristin Wiig in tiers of nude tulle
Glenn Close: Gorgeous dress, but would have preferred it without the jacket
Shailene Woodley in pure white – a minimalists dream
Ellie Kemper in a sequin column that glowed
1. Jessica Chastain: Love her. Don’t love the dress. There’s just too much going on, and it distracts from her loveliness.
2. Sandra Bullock: I usually like her fashion choices, but this dress was odd and seemed ill-fitting. Not my fave.
3. Angelina Jolie: Brad, you blew it. While Jennifer always looks chic and flawless in black, Angelina just looks dark and dreary in a sea of red carpet color.
4. Jennifer Lopez: Yes, she looks hot, as always, but in my opinion, she should heed the advice of Edith Head and leave a little something to the imagination. We get it – you are hot. Now I would like to see some restraint.
5. Meryl Streep: The first lady of film can do no wrong on camera, and I am a huge fan. Unfortunately, this dress didn’t work for me at all.