BeautyMommy Skincare Tips (continued)
- Exfoliate morning and night. Use a chemical exfoliant not a scrub. AHA is best for aging, BHA for acne.
- Add a treatment. For wrinkles, a retinol/retinoid is your best-bet. For acne, a good benzoyl peroxide product is essential.
- Moisturize. A moisturizer with sunscreen is the last thing you should use before applying makeup. Don’t forget the eye area!
• Seek professional help. A great dermatologist is an essential ally.
• Consider professional treatments, and differentiate between pampering and treating. In my opinion, facials and microdermabrasion, while helpful in the short term, fall under the pampering category. Laser treatments, Thermage, Restylane, Botox, etc. are truly skin-altering treatments.
• Join Beautypedia. The membership is now free, and it offers tons of information on skincare and makeup, including thousands of product reviews and a cosmetic ingredient dictionary. You can even submit your skincare routine to [email protected] so that the team of skincare experts and chemists can analyze it for you.