In the last couple of months, a few of my friends have approached me, asking for skin care recommendations. One is in her late 20s, and the other just turned 30. Both have beautiful skin that is prone to the occasional stress-induced breakout. Ashley has very fair, very dry skin, while Dee’s skin is a little more olive and not quite as dry. Both are looking for great moisturizers that won’t break the bank. Fortunately, there are plenty of great moisturizer options under $25. Here, a list for them, and maybe for you too!
Note: If your skin is superthirsty, a high-quality oil, used just as needed, can be an effective fix. Avocado, jojoba, coconut, rosa mosqueta, olive, and sweet almond oil all have their advocates, and their beneficial properties.
Top Moisturizers Under $25:
1. Jason Natural Fragrance Free Daily Facial Cream, $9.19: This pure, organic cream contains soothing herbal extracts and is perfect for very dry, sensitive skin.
2. Olay Complete Ageless Skin Renewing UV Lotion SPF 20, $14.99: This is a lighter lotion that offers great SPF protection and a smooth texture that works well under makeup.
3. Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum, Fragrance Free, $14.99: This is the moisturizer I keep going back to. I use the one with SPF during the day, and this version at night. I love the supersilky texture, the way it melts into your skin and absorbs quickly, and the fact that it’s fragrance free.
4. Murad Down for Defense SPF15 Moisturizer, $25: A great summertime pick, this lightweight moisturizer offers great everday sun protection and a bunch of antioxidants.
5. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream, Night, $19.99: Another personal favorite, this cream contains skin-improving retinol, the antioxidant benefits of Green Tea, and no fragrance. A great overnight pick for dry skin!